Coming back to my blog after two months away, I had no idea what to write about. SO MUCH had happened in my life since last October. I’ve come a long way with my mental health, and my 19th birthday happened, and Christmas came and went. 2016, otherwise known as the year from hell, was finally over. Yet, I wasn’t inspired to make a post about any of those things.
So, I sat down and decided to sit down and make a list of my goals for this brand new year.
- LOSE WEIGHT.
- DO AT LEAST ONE 7-DAY JUICE CLEANSE. (I tried last year and failed.)
- GET A PROPER JOB.
- START COLLEGE.
- BECOME A BETTER WRITER/BLOGGER.
- READ 50 BOOKS. (you can follow my goodreads account here if you’re interested: https://www.goodreads.com/megnicole97)
- START SAVING MONEY SO I CAN AFFORD MY OWN APARTMENT BEFORE I’M 20.
- SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
- GET A TATTOO INSPIRED BY MY GRANDMOTHER.
In 2016, I learned that I have to have faith. In God, and in myself. I have to have faith that I will be able to meet all of these goals, and I have to have faith that, if I don’t, I won’t beat myself up. If I meet all nine of my goals, I’ll be happy. If I only meet one of my goals, I’ll be happy and I’ll try harder in 2018. And I hope those of you who have plans for this new year feel the same way.